Thursday, August 20, 2015

New Coder? Check out Code Newbie!

Since I started this I have tried to be somewhat active on Twitter (follow me @dalrymp6!).  In doing so, I have come across a handful of people, programmers, and groups that are relevant to those of us learning to code.  One of my most recent (and best) finds is a site called CodeNewbie.  Code Newbie is a great group of people with articles and chats running the gamut from job hunting tips to a forum where you can ask anything and get answers from experienced programmers.

When I first visited I was a little hesitant, but in my brief time there I have really enjoyed reading the forums and getting some feedback on both my ideas about learning coding and on an actual simple program I have been working on.  While the forum is not the biggest one I have ever seen, between this, the chats, and the blog I have found it to be a really great resource for someone like me just starting out.

While I'm at it, here are my latest coding stats:

Total hours into Programming: 78 (2 since last time )
Total Weeks Programming/Hours per week: 3/26

Progress on Gaddis' Starting out with Python: Done With Chapter 1, Appendix A,B

Progress on Shaw's Learning Ruby the Hard Way: Finished Exercise 1-9
CSC Class Time: 1 Hour

My Text game: 3 hours, 118 lines

TreeHouse (1117 Points, 15 Badges)
TreeHouse Courses Finished:  Make a Website, Ruby Basics 

Code Academy Points: 637
Code Academy Badges: 67
Code Academy Skills Finished: 2 (Make a Website, Ruby)
Progress on Hartl's Tutorial Ready to start Chapter 3! 

Resources Finished:
Josh Kemp's No Degree, No Problem 8/14/2015
Chris Pine's Learn to Program 8/9/2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment