Monday, August 3, 2015

Back to Rails

Last night I redid the early part of the Hartl Ruby on Rails tutorial and I managed to get it work correctly this time.  I am still working very slowly through it, but I am trying to take solid notes and get a grasp for what is going on underneath the scaffolding features of rails.  While scaffolding provides a real time saver and gets an app off the ground very quickly, it can be very confusing if you have never done such a thing before.  On the plus side Hartl does an amazing job of explaining in both diagrams and text what is happening when a person visits your app and how controllers, routes, and applications work together to store their information and display the correct HTML.  I am cautiously optimistic going forward!

Total hours into Programming: 39 (4 today)
Progress on Hartl's Tutorial 2.2.2
Code Academy Points: 440
Code Academy Badges: 50
Code Academy Skills Finished: 2 (Make a Website, Ruby)

No comments:

Post a Comment