Monday, August 10, 2015

Learning Ruby the Hard Way by Zed Shaw

Tonight after having finished Pine's Learn to Program, I begin a new course - Learning Ruby the Hard Way by Zed Shaw.  At first glance, Shaw's work seems pretty focused on repetition, typing, learning, and practicing.  I like this.  I am looking forward to working through slowly and repetitively and hoping that more of it sticks.  I have been through the basic of Ruby on both CodeAcademy and in Learn to Program.  I have some of it down, but I feel I need more of the basics hammered down more tightly like iterating through an array and a list.  I need more hands on coding practice so I am feeling good about this.  I have not purchased the physical copy of the book, but may if I find it to be irritating to switch back and forth between the book and the editor on my pc.


Total hours into Programming: 54 (2 yesterday)
My Text game: 2 hours, 107 lines

Progress on Hartl's Tutorial Ready to start Chapter 3! 

Code Academy Points: 564
Code Academy Badges: 59



Code Academy Skills Finished: 2 (Make a Website, Ruby)

Books Finished:
Chris Pine's Learn to Program 8/9/2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment