Sunday, August 2, 2015

Learning How to Start Over

Last night I got on a roll in Hartl's Ruby on Rails Tutorial.  Everything seemed to be going very smoothly (outside of Heroku issues).  I fairly quickly generated the app and the database needed for the toy_app.  Then, sadly, things went awry.  My database was supposed to include two prompts, one for username and one for email.  However, it included 4 - one for email, one for string, one for username, and another for string.  I must have mistyped or misunderstood something along the way.  I tried to overwrite the database using the --force command I discovered on Stack Overflow.  I could not get this to work.  So, finally, I learned how to delete the app, its git repository, and delete it from Heroku.  While this was not the most desired outcome, I did learn a new skill of sorts.  Now, to start again!

Total hours into Programming: 35 (5 today)
Progress on Hartl's Tutorial 2.0.0 (got the 2.2.1, but am starting this section over)
Code Academy Points: 403
Code Academy Badges: 47
Code Academy Skills Finished: 2 (Make a Website, Ruby)

No comments:

Post a Comment